During the last few years the University of Manchester Swimming Club has been involved in a few events to raise money for charity.
- World Swim for Malaria 2005- for Against Malaria Foundation
- Great Manchester Run 2006- for Cancer Research UK
- Great Manchester Run 2007- for Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Great Manchester Run 2008- A select group of swimmers joined 30,000 other runners on Sunday 18th May for the Great Manchester Run in Manchester City Centre, to unleash another 10K.This year we all ran under the club's 'banner' to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
- Quest for the Crest! 2012- This is a charity swimming gala held once a year where various teams from different universities can compete. This year we also had a Dutch team competing! The world record for 100mx 100m Medley relay was also broken which was a massive achievement!
- Quest for the Crest 2015- Our annual charity swimming gala where we had various university teams competing. It is also a good time for the Manchester alumni to return and give racing another go! This year, our charity of the year was for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
- Quest for the Crest 2016- Our chosen charity is Diabetes UK and we have raised over £700!
- Quest for the Crest 2017- We raised a total of £2250 for the Brain Tumour Charity. We have had a total of 12 universities and over 200 swimmers competing.